This step-by-step guide will take you through the process to completely uninstall Adobe Flash Player from your Mac. The regular removal of unwanted and unused software will clean up your Mac and keep it running smoothly.
What is Adobe Flash Player and Why Remove it?
Jan 03, 2021 Adobe Flash Player for Mac 184.108.40.2068 Adobe Flash Player is a cross-platform browser-based application runtime that delivers uncompromised viewing of expressive applications, content, and videos. BSPlayer for Mac OS X: Best alternatives Our editors hand-picked the best Mac alternatives to BSPlayer, go ahead and check them out, rate them, or add new ones you find fitting. Bs player free download - VLC Media Player, Flip Player, Adobe Flash Player, and many more programs. Play Blu-ray disc/movies and watch 1080p HD/4K video on Mac. Jan 18, 2019 Adobe Flash Player; Adobe Flash Player For Android; Attention, Internet Explorer User Announcement: Jive has discontinued support for Internet Explorer 7 and below. Adobe flash player mac os x yosemite. In order to provide the best platform for continued innovation, Jive no longer supports Internet Explorer 7. Adobe Flash Player.
Flash Player is a browser plugin that enables the user to stream and watch video (on sites such as YouTube), viewing multimedia content, and interacting with RIA (Rich Internet Applications).
As of 1 January 2021, Adobe will not be offering and updating Flash Player anymore. Web browsers will rather be making use of the advancements of HTML5, WebGL, and WebAssembly, therefore negating the need for Flash Player.
Method 1. Using Adobe Flash Player Install Manager
By far the most effective and cleanest way to remove Flash Player is by making use of the Installation Manager. This simple process will ensure all relevant Flash Player files are removed.
Locate Adobe Flash Player Install Manager on your Mac
1. From the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click on Go and select Utilities. If you can’t find Utilities, it also appears in the Application folder.
2. In the Utilities folder, find and double click on the Adobe Flash Player Install Manager application.
Uninstall Flash Player
1. Click on Uninstall
2. If prompted, enter your password to allow the uninstallation and click on Install Helper.
3. The uninstaller will prompt you to close all open browsers. You can close them manually or click on them in the window.
4. After the uninstaller runs, a window will popup that confirms that Adobe Flash Player has been removed from your computer.
Confirm that Flash Player has been removed
1. To confirm that it has been removed from your computer, head over to the Adobe Flash Player website ( https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html). Under the first step, click on the button that says Check Now.
2. If the uninstallation process was successful, you will get a notice that Flash Player is not installed.
Delete installation file
1. To finish off the complete removal of Adobe Flash Player from your computer, head over to Finder. In the Search field, enter “install_flash_player”.
2. Right-click on the install_flash_player_osx.dmg file and select Move to Trash.
Method 2. App Cleaner and Uninstaller
One of my favorite applications for my Mac is App Cleaner and Uninstaller. Not only does it assist you to quickly uninstall unwanted applications, but it also helps you find remaining files that are hard to find.
Launch App Cleaner and Uninstaller
Open the App Cleaner and Uninstaller App from the Applications folder by double-clicking on it.
Remove Flash Player files
1. Once opened, find Flash Player in the left-hand pane and click on it.
2. On the top of the right-hand pane, check the box next to Select All. Then click on Remove in the bottom right.
3. A window will appear to review and confirm the selection to be removed. If you are happy with the selection, click on Remove in the bottom right to proceed.
4. App Cleaner & Uninstaller confirms that the files selected were successfully removed.
5. Unfortunately, all files related to Adobe Flash player could not be removed, because we are running the free version. Upgrading to the Pro version will allow you to remove it completely.
However, App Cleaner & Uninstaller does show in which directories the remaining relevant files are stored. Similar to Step 3, select Flash Player from the left pane.
6. While hovering over the first file (Flash Player.prefPane) in the right pane, click on the blue arrow icon.
7. This will bring up the specific directory for the file selected. Right-click on the file and select Move to Trash.
How to manually clear System storage on your Mac. The best way to clean up System storage on your Mac depends on the kind of System files that are taking up your space. Since your Mac doesn’t actually show you which files are using your storage, you’ll need to try out all of the methods below to find one that works instead.
8. Repeat the step for the remaining files in App Cleaner and Uninstaller under Flash Player. This should remove the Adobe Flash Player application on the left pane.
Remove Flash Player Install Manager files
1. Now, still in the left pane of App Cleaner and Uninstaller, scroll up and find Adobe Flash Player Install Manager. Select all files by checking the box next to Select All in the right pane and click Remove on the bottom right.
2. Review and confirm the selected files by clicking on Remove in the next window.
3. A window appears confirming the removal of the selected files.
4. Hover over the last remaining file, Adobe Flash Player Install Manager in the right pane, and click on the blue arrow icon.
5. This will open the Utilities folder in Finder showing the Adobe Flash Player Install Manager application. Right-click on the application and select Move to Trash.
6. To complete the removal of Flash Player, go to Finder and in the Search field, type “install_flash_player”.
7. Right cling on the install_flash_player_osx.dmg file and select Move to Trash.
Before you start, check the version of Safari running on your Mac. To display the version number, choose Safari > About Safari.
Mac Os X Download For Windows
- If your Safari version is 11.0 or later, follow the steps in For Mac OS X 10.11, macOS 10.12, and later.
- If your Safari version is 10.0 or later, follow the steps in For Mac OS X 10.10.
Apple Safari version 14, released for macOS in September 2020, will no longer load Adobe Flash Player or play Flash content. Please visit Apple’s Safari support for more information.
Click the Websites tab and scroll down to the Plug-ins section. Locate the Adobe Flash Player entry.
Select a setting to use for Flash Player when you visit other websites.
You can configure Flash for individual websites (domains). Select a website listed in this window, and choose Ask, Off, or On.
Exit Preferences after you finish configuring Flash Player.
Adobe Flash Player Mac 10.14
If you are viewing Safari in full-screen mode, mouse over the top of the browser screen to see the menu.
From the When visiting other websites menu, choose On, and then click Done.