A computer backup of your device, which is not the same as a sync, includes almost all of your device's data and settings. A backup from a computer doesn't include: Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books Content synced from Finder or iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos.
You just purchased a new iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro and you need the help to transfer iMessages to new iPhone if message app is your main communication platform. We understand how important are these iMessages for you.
- Select the messages, including text messages (SMS) and iMessages, you want to save from your iPhone to the computer and click the 'Transfer to PC' button. After that, MobiMover will start downloading text messages from your iPhone to the computer automatically. When it has finished, you can go to the selected folder to check the messages.
- Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS) is another slick piece software that will allow us to backup iMessages to pc and/or backup iPhone messages to pc. The feature of the software that impressed me the most was how you could transfer all iMessages and SMS messages in one click. Dr.Fone - Phone Manager (iOS).
In this article, the most simple and the most traditional solutions to transfer iMessages to new iPhone will be shared with you, including using iTunes, using iCloud and using a reliable 3rd-party tool. All the solutions below can be applied for all models of iPhones, including iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max/XS/XS Max/X/8/7, etc.
1. Transfer iMessages to New iPhone via iCloud Messages
Apple allows its users to sync messages/iMessages between 2 different iPhones via the iCloud syncing feature for messages as long as the 2 iPhones have the same Apple ID.
Open Settings and go to [Your name] > iCloud on your old iPhone.
Ensure that Two-factor authentication is turned on and toggle on Messages option.
Sign into iCloud account with the same Apple ID on your new iPhone.
The iMessages will start be syncing with the new iPhone. You should also ensure that the new iPhone connects with strong network.
2. Transfer iMessages to New iPhone with the Best Tool
If you are willing to transfer only iMessages instead of unwanted data to new iPhone, you may need a powerful application to transfer specific data to new iPhone. FoneGeek iOS Backup & Restore will be the best choice to selectively back up and restore specific data without deleting any other data on the new iPhone. This tool gives you the freedom to do the following:
- Restore only iMessages or other selected data from FoneGeek, iTunes, iCloud backup to a new iPhone/Android device without overwriting any data.
- The iMessage restoring time is much shorter than restoring with iTunes/iCloud.
- Free backup function is provided to easily back up specific data on iPhone.
- Preview all data in iTunes/iCloud backup and extract 20+ types of data from the backup to computer.
- It is fully compatible with all iOS versions ranging from iOS 7 to iOS 14.
How to Transfer iMessages to New iPhone Using FoneGeek
Here are the complete instructions to restore only iMessages to new iPhone with FoneGeek iOS Backup and Restore application. Apart from iMessages, you can also restore other data with the steps below.
Step 1. Download and install FoneGeek on your computer and run it afterwards. Choose 'Backup & Restore', then connect the old iPhone to the system and wait for the device to be detected.
Step 2. Select 'Messages' and click on 'Backup' to back up messages/iMessages on your old iPhone with FoneGeek.
Step 3. Tap on 'View Backup Data' and the iMessage backup will appear.
Step 4. Click on 'Restore to Device' and the program will prompt you to connect the new iPhone with the computer to transfer all iMessages to new iPhone.
3. Transfer iMessages to New iPhone with iTunes
To transfer iMessages to new iPhone using iTunes, the iMessages should be backed up to the old iPhone with iTunes first, and then restored to the new iPhone.
- When you back up and restore these iMessages with iTunes, the data on the new iPhone will be completely overwritten by the iTunes backup.
- Instead of restoring only iMessages, the whole iTunes backup will be restored to the new iPhone. In other words, selective restoring is not supported.
Save Imessages To Pc
Step 1. Connect the old iPhone to your computer system and sync it with iTunes.
Step 2. Select the device icon and head over to the Summary page.
Step 3. Under the section of Backups, select 'This Computer' under the 'Automatically Back Up' section and click on 'Back Up Now' to ensure that iMessages are backed up to computer instead of iCloud.
Step 4. After backing up the iMessages on old iPhone, disconnect it from your computer and connect the new iPhone with iTunes.
Step 5. When the program detects the new iPhone, you will be able to restore the new iPhone with the previous iTunes backup by tapping on the 'Restore iPhone' button. This will transfer all iMessages as well as other app data to your new iPhone.
4. Transfer iMessages to New iPhone with iCloud
You can also transfer iMessages to new iPhone if you have used the iCloud to back up the data on the old iPhone before. It will be very easy to transfer all iMessages by restoring the iCloud backup to the new iPhone. However, here are something you should take note of:
- Restoring iCloud backup involves erasing all the content on new iPhone. It means that the existing data on new iPhone will be completely deleted.
- Stable internet connection will be required when transferring iMessages to iPhone. Thus you should ensure that the old and new iPhone has connected with strong network connection to reduce unnecessary trouble in the process of transferring.
- This approach will not only transfer iMessages but also other data that you unwanted to the new iPhone.
You must have known everything about using iCloud to transfer iMessages to new iPhone. If you still insist on using this approach, you can refer to the step-by-step guide below:
Step 1. Start by backing up old iPhone with iCloud. (Go to iPhone Settings, click on iCloud account and then 'iCloud' to toggle on 'iCloud Backup'. Click on 'Backup Now' and the backup process will get started. )
Step 2. Go to Settings on the new iPhone to set the device as a new one by erasing all content and settings. After completing the basic settings, choose 'Restore from iCloud Backup' and select the most recent backup to restore after signing into the iCloud account.
Note: The iCloud account you logged on the new iPhone shall be the same as the iCloud account on the old iPhone.
As you can see in this article, there are 4 ways to transfer iMessages to new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro. It's wise to choose the way that suits you most to avoid further complications.
Joan J. Mims is interested in researching all tips about iPhone, iPad and Android. He loves to share useful ideas with all users.
pp on iPhone is an indispensable tool for communicating with your family, friends, or colleagues. As time goes on, more and more old conversations are accumulated in the iPhone Message app, and it’s time to clean them. But many users may find these text messages contain some pictures that are worthy of being preserved, so they want to save these pictures from iPhone text messages before cleaning the Message app.
Free rdp client windows 10. For saving an iMessage picture, you can long-press that picture and then tap the Save option. But what if you need to save hundreds or thousands of pictures from the text messages on the iPhone? It can be a heavy workload. Moreover, these pictures take up a lot of storage space on your iPhone, so it will be better to transfer them to the computer. In this post, we will details how to save multiple or all photos from iMessage to the computer directly and how to transfer one or several iMessage pictures from the iPhone to the computer.
Part 1. How to Save Multiple/All Photos from iMessage to Computer Directly
For those users who want to save multiple or all photos, possibly thousands of photos received in text messages or iMessage to the computer, things will be easier if they use a third-party tool like Jihosoft iPhone Data Recovery to do this task. This tool allows you to choose pictures you need and extract as many pictures as you like from text messages on your iPhone to the computer directly. Actually, you can also use this tool to recover deleted text messages, photos, notes, etc. from the iPhone, iTunes backup, or iCloud backup.
Now let’s look at how to save multiple photos from iMessage to your computer.
- Step 1: Download and install this program to your computer, then open it.
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable and click the Start Scan button when it appears.
- Step 3: When the scan ends, up to 16 types of data will be sorted in the left pane. You can click the Message Attachments to preview all the photos from iMessage.
- Step 4: Check the items you want and click the Recover button to save iMessage photos to your computer.
If you have recently backed up your iPhone data to iTunes or iCloud, you may also extract iMessage photos from the backup by selecting the View iTunes backup or View iCloud backup button on the home page of this tool. The process is very similar, and you can manage it according to the prompt.
Part 2. Transfer Several Pictures from Text Messages on iPhone to Computer
As we know that nearly all of the third-party tools online charge their users. So the method in Part 1 is practical when you have loads of iMessage photos to transfer to the computer. If you just want to save one or several pictures from iPhone text messages, there is no need to use a third-party tool. We will show you how to transfer one or several pictures from iPhone text messages to your computer without a third-party tool.
First of all, you are required to save the iMessage pictures you need to the Photos app on your iPhone. The detailed steps are as below.
- Open the Message app on your iPhone and tap on the conversation that contains the pictures you need.
- Tap on the sender’s name at the top, then tap the “i” icon. In the next screen, you can see all the images you’ve received in this conversation.
- Press and hold any one of these images, and tap the More option in the pop-up menu.
- Tap to select the images you want to save and flip Save Image in the bottom-left corner to save them to the Photos app.
After you have saved the iMessage pictures you want to the Photos app, you should consider how to transfer these pictures from your iPhone to the computer.
The Apple device has a featured called iCloud Photos, which allows you to access your photos and videos from your Apple devices and PC on iCloud.com. Thus, you can turn on the iCloud Photos feature on your iPhone and then sign in to iCloud.com on your computer with your Apple ID and passcode for accessing the iMessage pictures you saved to the Photos app.
- Step 1: Tap on Settings > Photos on your iPhone and switch on the toggle of iCloud Photos.
- Step 2: Open a browser on your computer, then go to https://www.icloud.com/.
- Step 3: Sign in with your Apple ID and passcode, then click on the Photos icon.
- Step 4: Find the iMessage pictures you need and select them. You can press and hold the command key on the keyboard to select them all.
- Step 5: Click the download icon to download these iMessage pictures to any folder on your computer.
Above is the guide for how to transfer pictures from iPhone text messages to the computer. The two methods in this guide are suitable for different cases. If you need to transfer loads of iMessage pictures to the computer, you can choose the method in Part 1. Though the third-party tool may charge you some fees, it can save you a lot of time and energy. If you have just one or several pictures to transfer from iPhone text messages to the computer, you can use the method in Part 2. Please choose the method according to your needs. Any of your queries or suggestions are welcomed in the comment section below.