|Initial release||28 October 2002; 18 years ago|
|Operating system||Windows 10 1607 or later, macOS 10.15 or later|
|Type||Screencasting and video editing software|
Camtasia (/kæmˈteɪʒə/; formerly Camtasia Studio) is a software suite, created and published by TechSmith, for creating video tutorials and presentations directly via screencast, or via a direct recording plug-in to Microsoft PowerPoint. Audio or other multimedia recordings may be recorded at the same time or added separately from another source.
Camtasia consists of two major components:
A well crafted 2-3 step video reinforces your message, takes less time to create than a full length tutorial, and can often better address your learning objectives. With this in mind, let’s look at how to edit a short video for technical documentation using Camtasia. Camtasia’s simple drag-and-drop editor makes adding, removing, trimming, or moving sections of video or audio a breeze. Pre-Built Assets Customize any of the royalty-free assets in the Camtasia library and add them to your video for a professional polish.
- Camtasia Recorder - a separate tool for capturing screen audio and video
- Camtasia editor - the component for which the entire product is named, which is now a multimedia authoring tool with a 'timeline' interface for managing multiple clips in a stacked track form.
In Camtasia Recorder, users can start and stop recording with a hotkey combination at any time, at which point the recording can be halted and Camtasia Recorder can render the input that has been captured into a CAMREC format. The CAMREC file can be saved to disk or directly imported into the Camtasia component for editing. Camtasia Recorder allows audio recording while screen-capturing is in progress, so the presenter can capture live narration during a demonstration or presentation. Camtasia also supports dubbing in other audio tracks or voiceover during post-capture editing. Users may also download an add-in for Microsoft Power Point that will allow them to initiate recording of a presentation from within Power Point itself.
In Camtasia editor, multimedia objects of various formats can be imported into the clip library and arrange them in time order and stacked tracks using the timeline form of user controls. Overlays of various types may be added, including user-defined settings, such as when and how to display the cursor and pan-and-zoom effects such as the Ken Burns effect.
After capturing a presentation in the Camtasia Recorder, the Camtasia component can be used to modify audio and video displayed as tracks by using the timeline control and object library interface with an integrated preview window. The image in the infobox to the right is a screen capture of the timeline interface. In addition, Camtasia allows automatic captions (speech-to-text), voice overlay for the presenter or editor, as well as the ability to add sound effects in various formats.
Rendering and deployment
The Camtasia program allows import of various types of multimedia video and audio files including MP4, MP3, WMV, WMA, AVI, WAV and other formats into the Camtasia proprietary CAMREC format, which is readable by Camtasia. The CAMREC format is a single container for various multimedia objects including video clips, still images, document screen shots and special effect containers. The created video can be exported to common video formats including MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV, AVI, and Adobe Flash.
Camtasia Studio 9 Video Editing Software 32 Bit
|Version||Date||Update 1||Update 2|
|8.0.0 for Windows||19 June 2012||v8.6.0 of 25 August 2015|
|9.0.0||11 October 2016||9.1.2 of 13 March 2018||9.1.5 of 7 May 2019|
|2018.0.0||19 June 2018||2018.0.8 of 7 May 2019|
|2019.0.0||30 April 2019|
|2020.0.0||28 April 2020|
|2021.0.0||27 April 2020|
Camtasia's shortcomings noted in the PC World review of January 17, 2013 and CNET review of June 19, 2012 are as follows:
- Rotation of objects is applied via a dialog rather than interactively, though many lower-priced video editors do provide interactive rotation and manipulation of objects such as text and video frames
- Recording live from a DV camera is not supported
- Still potentially overwhelming for the introductory user, tempered by the tutorial material available. NOTE the V8 release is a complete rewrite so much of the prior tutorial material written for the popular Camtasia v6 and v7 software for Microsoft Windows is not usable with this release.
- Audio handling has minimal capabilities and no integration with other packages compared to some competitors in this price range
- Lacks any video-clip manipulation or integration with other packages that have such capabilities
In 2005, PC World mentioned that Camtasia is 'powerful'.
In 2013, PC World published a 4 1/2 star review and noted Camtasia is a 'full-featured education/information video tool'.Download boot camp 5.1 dmg.
In 2012, CNET published a review and noted that Camtasia is a 'feature-packed screencast app' and 'does have a learning curve'.
- ^ abc'Camtasia (Windows) Version History'. TechSmith. 27 April 2021. Retrieved 27 April 2021.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^ ab'Camtasia (Mac) Version History'. TechSmith. 27 April 2021. Retrieved 27 April 2021.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^'System Requirements'. TechSmith. 3 September 2020. Archived from the original on 26 July 2017. Retrieved 3 September 2020.
- ^Bass, Steve (31 August 2005). 'Tips & Tweaks: Podcasts and Screencasts'. PC World. IDG. Retrieved 22 September 2020.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Wiener Grotta, Sally; Grotta, Daniel (17 January 2013). 'Review: Camtasia Studio 8 raises the bar on interactive video creation'. PC World. IDG. Retrieved 22 September 2020.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- ^Parker, Jason (18 June 2012). 'Camtasia 8 vastly improves screencast frame rates'. CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 22 September 2020.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Camtasia is a shareware desktop recorder software download filed under video capture software and made available by TechSmith for Windows.
The review for Camtasia has not been completed yet, but it was tested by an editor here on a PC.Screen recording suite
Camtasia is powerful video recording software for creating polished videos with all of the bells and whistles which should be expected at such a price. It features tons of cool effects and gets the basic job of video capture down pretty well. It's popular among YouTubers who create any type of videos taking recordings from the screen like 'LPers' or Let's Players. Camtasia Studio can also record Powerpoint presentations.
Some other features include SmartFocus which zooms in and out during screen capture recording. You can also add overlay graphics to videos or external web pages. It supports dragging and dropping 'assets' into videos. Camtasia also features speech-to-text and can add subtitles to video files. Camtasia makes it easy to add digital video and audio clips to videos with little effort.
The features Camtasia offers are professional and well-polished.
Camtasia can capture video games, capture screen activity, capture webcam streams, capture online video, capture video from input devices and record desktop video.
Camtasia 2021.0.1.30582 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCsThis download is licensed as shareware for the Windows operating system from video capture software and can be used as a free trial until the trial period ends (after 30 days). The Camtasia Studio 2021.0.1.30582 demo is available to all software users as a free download with potential restrictions and is not necessarily the full version of this software.
Camtasia Studio Video Editor SoftwareFiled under:
Camtasia Studio 9 Video Editor software, free download
- Camtasia Download
- Major release: Camtasia 2021.0
- Desktop Recording Software