You can access your existing USC Dropbox files and upload new ones by going to www.usc.edu/dropbox from a web browser or through desktop (Windows and Mac OS X) and mobile (Android, iOS, and Windows) apps. This page will explain how to download these apps and configure them to access your USC Dropbox files.
Dropbox Desktop App Mac Download
Dropbox Desktop Apps
The actual developer of this free software for Mac is Dropbox Inc. The following versions: 3.2, 3.0 and 1.3 are the most frequently downloaded ones by the program users. The bundle id for this app is com.getdropbox.dropbox. Dropbox for Mac lies within Productivity Tools, more precisely Cloud Services. Music player for Dropbox with audio equalizer, bass booster, audio bookmarks, smart buffering, playback speed control and many other useful features. Download your favorite songs for offline playback. Manage your audio playlists and listen to your music on Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Sonos. Mac os computer first.
Download and Install the App
To see if your computer meets the systems requirements to run the Dropbox app, go to Dropbox’s System Requirements to Run Dropbox page.
To download, install, and configure the Dropbox for Windows app:
- To download and install the Dropbox desktop application on a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer, click this link. Once installed, you’ll be prompted to either sign in or create a new account. How to install the desktop app with admin privileges The Dropbox desktop app requires admin privileges to run with full functionality on your computer.
- The desktop app gives you one organized place to work with all your Dropbox content, tools, and connected apps. Jump back into work quickly Easily prioritize your workday and stay focused on what’s happening with Dropbox in the Windows system tray and macOS menu bar.
- Downloading Dropbox. Your Dropbox download should automatically start within seconds. Once the download finishes, click Run to start installing Dropbox.
- Go to www.dropbox.com/install from any web brower.
- Click the Download Dropbox button. The appropriate version for your computer’s operating system will automatically download.
- Once the file has downloaded, double-click the install file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When Dropbox has finished installing, the Set Up Dropbox screen will appear.
- Enter your USC NetID email address in the Email field. The application should automatically detect that you have a USC Dropbox account with single sign-on. Click the Get your link code button to continue the configuration process.
- A browser window will launch an take you to the USC sign-in page. Enter your USC NetID username and password. NOTE: Duo two-factor authentication is required for setting up USC Dropbox desktop apps.
- Once you have signed in, you will be provided with a one-time-use link code.
- Copy this code and pasted it into the Link code field on the Dropbox installer application. Click Submit to finish the installation.
NOTE: If you have a personal Dropbox account in addition to your USC Dropbox account, the installer will give you the choice of configuring your personal account at this point.
On a Windows computer, your USC Dropbox folder will now be accessible from:
- The Quick Access section of the File Explorer
- The Dropbox icon in your Windows task bar
On a Mac computer, your USC Dropbox folder will now be accessible from:
Dropbox Mac App Download Windows
- The Dropbox icon at the top of your screen
- The Dropbox icon in the Finder window
Dropbox Mobile Apps
To download the Dropbox app for Android, iOS, or Windows mobile devices, click the links below from your mobile device. When prompted for an email address and password during the installation, use your USC NetID email address and password. NOTE: Duo two-factor authentication is required for setting up USC Dropbox mobile apps.
Dropbox Mac App Download Laptop
Download for Android devices
Download for iOS devices
Download for Windows devices
For more information on installing the Dropbox desktop and mobile apps, see the Dropbox website. If you need additional assistance with these apps, please contact the ITS Customer Support Center.