The LastPass Vault is where all of your passwords, Notes, and items are stored, and easily accessible in the left navigation. Your Vault is a locally-hosted file, so you can access your stored data securely and quickly. You can organize your Vault view by folders, move or manage items in bulk, and manage your user account. I believe that even with LastPass Pocket, you still need to upload your passwords to Lastpass first, then download your lastpass vault as an encrypted file for offline use. It doesn't look like you can add / remove passwords from your local file, you would need to add / remove from LastPass.
Manage Your Vault
The LastPass Vault is where all of your passwords, Notes, and items are stored, and easily accessible in the left navigation. Your Vault is a locally-hosted file, so you can access your stored data securely and quickly. You can organize your Vault view by folders, move or manage items in bulk, and manage your user account.
Please note that your LastPass Vault has an unlimited capacity of items that can be added, however, you can expect to see performance degradation when 2,000 items or more are stored.
Log in and access your Vault
You can access your LastPass Vault locally via the web browser extension, or your Vault online via the website.Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon , then select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
Icons for Vault items
Each of your stored Vault items are represented by a generic icon per entry, which will vary depending on the item type. However, password entries may have a logo that represents the site you saved if it is a popular site and/or recognized by our system (e.g., Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.).
To view all icon types, log in to your LastPass Vault and click All Items in the left navigation, then click the Add item icon in the lower-right navigation.
Lastpass Offline Backup
Quick access to items in the left navigation
Once you open your Vault, you can easily access your passwords, notes, and various form fill items in the left navigation. Items are listed by category (addresses, payment cards, bank accounts, etc.), and the categories displayed in the left navigation will vary depending on which items you added first to your Vault.
Below your item categories, you have easy access to your Cloud Apps, the Security Dashboard, Sharing Center, Emergency Access (Premium and Families accounts only), Account Settings, and Advanced Options, which includes the following:
- Try LastPass Families (if you are a Free or Premium user)
- Go Premium (if you are a Free user)
- LastPass Enterprise (trial)
- Vault Tour
Organize your Vault view
The items stored within your Vault are organized by folders (groups) with your Favorites and Most Recent at the top for easy access. You can customize how your folders display the entries within by clicking the Sort By drop-down menu, then selecting the Grid View icon or List View icon . To view a folder's entries, click the Arrow icon to expand/collapse each individually, or click the Expand All icon to expand all of your Vault folders.
Move or manage items in bulk
Several advanced features are available to help you manage your passwords, secure notes, and form fill items easily. You can move items in bulk by selecting multiple entries (click to enable the checkbox in the upper-right corner of each entry), then dragging and dropping your items to new folders. Sound forge noise reduction plugin. You can also select multiple entries and right-click to perform various tasks on all of your selected items.
Manage your user account
Use the User Account drop-down menu (your email address) in the upper-right navigation of your Vault to view your Identities, access Account Settings, visit the Help Center, or Log out.
How do I permit offline access to my LastPass Vault?
When you log in to your LastPass account via desktop or mobile device while you have an Internet connection, you are creating a locally cached version of your encrypted data to the local drive. This is the data that LastPass loads when you log in to LastPass while offline. Any LastPass web browser extension, desktop app, or mobile app can be logged into without an Internet connection, and will default to offline mode when no connection is present, if allowed to do so.
If you have a LastPass Teams, Enterprise, or Identity account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
Lastpass Offline App
Please note that if you clear your LastPass Local Cache, you will have to log in while you are online once more (either via the web browser extension or mobile app) to recreate your cache before you can log in using offline access again.
Enable offline access for your account
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Click on the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon to the right of your desired multifactor option.
- For the 'Enabled' option, use the drop-down menu to select Yes .
- For the 'Permit Offline Access' option, use the drop-down menu to select Allow. This will store an encrypted Vault locally so you can log in without using Multifactor Authentication in case of a connectivity issue.
- Configure all other required fields for your authenticator (if applicable), then click Update when finished.
- Enter your Master Password, then click Continue.
- If you have already set up Multifactor Authentication for this authenticator, you are done. If you have not, follow the steps to enroll your device. Instructions will vary depending on the authenticator app you have selected.
Enable offline access via the mobile app
- Open the LastPass app on your iOS or Android device.
- On the login screen, tap or select Login settings.
- Toggle on the switch to enable Offline mode.
- Log in to the app with your email address and Master Password.
About federated login users
Is Lastpass Offline
There are feature limitations that apply to LastPass users whose accounts are configured for federated login using AD FS, Azure AD, or Okta.
One limitation is that offline access is not permitted, as the client side (web browser extension) must remain online in order to obtain the user's encryption key and unlock the user's LastPass Vault.
For more information, please see What are the limitations for LastPass users with federated login?