2010-10-31:Skencil 1.0alpha: project revitalization together with sK1 team.
2006-03-28:Skencil mailinglists migrated to wald.intevation.de
2006-03-08:Debian Sarge backport available
2006-02-18:Daniel Baumann official Debian Maintainer
2006-01-03:New Softproof plugin (colour management); updated Debian packages and screenshots
2005-10-30:New Gallery Image: Anna04
2005-09-20:Build notes for Mac OS X
2005-07-12:New Binaries and request for packaging help
2005-06-19:New stable version, Skencil 0.6.17
2005-03-10:Experimental binary packages for 0.6.17pre3
2005-01-20:Waratah plant drawing new in gallery
2004-12-06:German Manual updated
Introduction to Skencil
Skencil is a Free Software interactive vector drawingappliction. Known to run onGNU/Linux and otherUNIX-compatible systems, it is a flexible andpowerful tool for illustrations, diagrams and otherpurposes.
Sketchup Linux 2019
Marvin A full featured chemical editor for making science accessible on all platforms Marvin suite is a chemically intelligent desktop toolkit built to help you draw, edit, publish, render, import and export your chemical structures and as well as allowing you to convert between various chemical and graphical file formats.
A somewhat unique (for a drawing program) feature ofSkencil is that it is implemented almost completely in avery high-level, interpreted language,Python. Python is powerful,object-oriented and yet easy to use.
Just a few highlights about Skencil's features
- Bézier Curves
- Transformed text and images
- Bézier curves, rectangles and ellipses can be used as guides
- Gradient fills
- Blend groups
- Writes EPS files
Sketch Linux Install
The current stable release is 0.6.17. Skencil is quiteusable already, even for production use, in my opinion.The low version number is mainly due to lack of someimportant features such as good text support.
- Anyone have experience using sketch to bring up what you’ve created via the linux command line? I found this online, but it’s not working for me for some reason. I downloaded the tgz processing file from the official site and then extracted it into my / directory. From the processing IDE, if i open the sketch folder, it seems to be by default set to /tmp on my linux system, but using.
- Sketch, vectorial drawing under Linux. Abstract: Sketch is a vector drawing program, which is to say it represents a figure, a circle for example, by a mathematical formula, whereas a program such as The Gimp, a bitmap editor, uses points (pixels). The advantages of a vectorial representation over a bitmap are that files will be smaller and the.
- 10 Best Sketch Alternatives fora Windows and Linux Sketch is a modern graphics design app for macOS that took the world by storm after its release in 2010. It is now the staple for the web, mobile, UI / UX and icon design.
The 0.6.x series will likely see minor improvementsover time, but no major changes to the core. There may bemore improvements in the import and export filters,though.
Real development takes place in the unstable 0.7.xdeveloper series. Among themajor goals of this series is a port to GTK+, better textsupport and a multi document interface.
The 0.7.x series of Skencil also supports more operating systems(including Microsoft Windows) because GTK+ is ported to many platforms.
In addition to the standard features (rectangles, ellipses, curves, textetc.) that you expect from a vector drawing program, Skencil also has somemore advanced features like possibility to bend text along a path. See thefeatures page for a comprehensive list offeatures.
Apart from the sources of Skencil, you need someadditional software. See thedownload page for detailson what software and where you can get it.
For Skencil to work properly with transformed text,you also need an X-server capable of scaling andtransforming fonts. (XFree86 does support this.Otherwise, you need X11R6 as far as I know). Enigmatis collection download free.
Skencil currently supports only TrueColor visuals withdepths of 15, 16, 24 or 32 bits and 8-bit PseudoColorvisuals.
Contact & Mailinglist
There's a mailing list for all Skencil-related topics.You can subscribe to it via the web-interface athttp://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/sketch-listor by sending a mail with the word subscribe in thesubject [email protected]
You can alsocontactme directly, although I'd prefer to discuss things onthe mailing list.
If you want to report bugs, please have a look at thebug tracker first.
New versions are announced on the mailing list, on theSourceForgeSkencilpage and onfreshmeat.
Skencil itself is published under the terms of theGNU Library General Public License(LGPL). Some of the code distributed with Skencil isnot directly part of Skencil and is distributed under aPython-style license.
I've put it under the LGPL, because many parts ofSkencil can be used as a library (and are used by Skencilthat way), and the LGPL is less restrictive than thenormal GNU General Public License when it comes todistributing an LGPL'ed library with software covered bya different license.