This plugin is officially a part of OBS as of version 26.1. See note below for info on upgrading. 🎉🎉🎉Creates a virtual webcam device from the output of OBS. Especially useful for streaming smooth, composited video into Zoom, Hangouts, Jitsi etc. Like CatxFish/obs-virtualcam but for macOS. johnboiles/obs-mac-virtualcam. Parallels (stopped working again with Beta 4)Updated to Parallels 16 (still not working for everyone on Big Sur) Issue is related to Parallels hypervisor kext. You can switch to the Apple hypervisor under 'Hardware - CPU & Memory - Advanced Settings' of your VM's settings, works for now until Parallels can fix it with an update.
- An integrated workspace that’s simple to use, Google Workspace lets you spend less time managing your work and more time actually doing it. Smart suggestions to help you prioritize Address what’s important and let Google handle the rest with best-in-class AI and search technology that helps you work smarter.
- If your WorkSpaces macOS client application is running, choose Amazon WorkSpaces, Quit Amazon WorkSpaces in the client to close the client application. Restart the WorkSpaces macOS client application and log in to your WorkSpace. The Windows logo key or the Command key should now be mapped to the Windows logo key.
- After installing the driver, you should be able to print directly from Citrix Workspace app on Mac. The Workspace app is transparent to the driver. It gets the postscript data from VDA and forwards it to the available printers without altering the data or settings.
- Citrix Workspace App
How it all works
The role of a driver for printing is very crucial for printing in Citrix Workspace app for Mac. After installing the driver, you should be able to print directly from Citrix Workspace app on Mac. The Workspace app is transparent to the driver. It gets the postscript data from VDA and forwards it to the available printers without altering the data or settings.
In this example, we have simulated the same core printing APIs used in Citrix Workspace app for Mac. Use the sample, select a file, and print. If this sample is able to print, then Citrix Workspace app on Mac will most probably be able to use your printer.
Prerequisites and scope
VDA 'HP LaserJet PS 2800' drivers signed by Microsoft is required for client printer redirection on Citrix Workspace app on Mac.
What is supported
- Standalone scanners.
- Dedicated virtual channel for printing. For more information, see https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX137939 and https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/printing.html
- UPD postscript printer drivers, provided the following conditions are met :
- The printer driver is installed on the macOS client.
- Core printing on macOS can work with the vendor-provided driver successfully.
- Changes in macOS impact the printing behavior (core printing APIs on macOS). Core Printing APIs have not been updated lately and might be prone to errors. For example, we had issues with double-sided printing on Catalina, which were resolved in Big Sur.
Citrix Receiver Download
What is not supported
- Multi-function scanners. A multifunction is a composite device that has more than one interface.
- USB device splitting feature in GUSB virtual channel. Citrix Workspace app on Mac does not have the capability to differentiate between different interfaces of a composite device. This problem is not limited to our app, but printing on macOS in general. For more information, see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5244577. On some printers, when printed from a session in Citrix Workspace app on Mac, printing is always either duplex or single sided depending on the printer. It ignores the Duplex/Single-sided settings issued from the VDA. This is a limitation on the macOS. When using the core printing Apple framework, macOS printing is being overridden by the printing settings in the CUPS printing system. This is a new behavior on the macOS 10.15 (Catalina) onwards. As a workaround, change the settings in CUPS printing system on macOS. You have to manually set the Duplex/Single-sided settings on CUPS.
- Printer redirection through third party drivers.
Workspace App For Mac
External dependencies for printing (Apple/HP)
Citrix Workspace App 1906 For Mac
- macOS drivers for creating the print job.
- Print support for macOS is very fragile as we depend on HP driver on VDA, explicitly signed by Microsoft. This is a limitation for compatibility with macOS.
- On VDA 'HP LaserJet PS 2800 (Microsoft)' drivers signed by Microsoft is mandatorily required for client printer redirection on macOS.
- macOS default: https://www.howtogeek.com/309677/how-to-stop-two-side-printing-from-being-the-default-in-macos/ workaround may be used to change settings in the CUPS daemon.